As part of Amgen's mission to serve patients, Amgen Canada makes donations to qualified members of the Canadian healthcare community for the following purposes:
- The support of science, technology, medicine, healthcare or education; or
- Education of the public on disease states, medical conditions, science or technology; or
- In furtherance of other genuine philanthropic and charitable purposes that are consistent with Amgen's scientific and disease interests.
Amgen Canada may make donations only to qualified recipients to further an educational, scientific or other charitable purpose.
Donations are a contribution, grant, or payment in cash or in kind, made by Amgen to a not-for-profit and/or tax-exempt organization without expectation of something in return other than customary donor recognition of incidental value.
Overview of Healthcare Donation Application Process
Amgen Canada is dedicated to making the application process simple and straightforward.
Please complete the application process at least ninety (90) days prior to the required donation date. Requests submitted less than ninety (90) days prior will be reviewed at Amgen Canada's discretion and a funding decision may not be made in time for the proposed request. A fully executed donation agreement signed by both the requesting body and Amgen Canada must be in place before the start of the program or event. Therefore, we strongly encourage parties submit their requests as early as possible to ensure timely processing.
- Donations will not be provided to individuals directly or indirectly (e.g. via a donation to a charitable organization on their, or their group's behalf). .
- Amgen cannot support a donation that is not within our corporate therapeutic areas of interest.
- Requests from organizations, institutions or associations outside of Canada will not be considered.
- Donations related to building, operational, equipment, textbooks or student group activity expenses will not be accepted.
- Donations are not provided for sponsorship to international conferences, or promotional corporate sponsorships (e.g. promotional exhibit or display fees). These types of activities may be supported within another area of Amgen. please consult your local Amgen representative for more information.
Healthcare Donation Application Requirements
Amgen Canada's healthcare donation application process includes;
Required Information for Donation Consideration
In order to ensure the donation request is processed in a timely manner, all items listed below must be included in your application:
- Detailed Program Description
- Program title
- Letter of request
- Primary point of contact (name, telephone number, and email address)
- Requesting institution/organization's mission or purpose
- Program start and end dates
- Program objectives and/or description
- Detailed Donation Requirements
- Amount requested from Amgen (in CDN$)
- Statement regarding how funds will be used (i.e. Budget)
- Payee Information
- Full legal name of requesting institution/organization
- Tax exempt status